10 Articles to Jumpstart Your Chorus's Year-End Fundraising
Turning leaves and the appearance of pumpkin lattes mean that fall is just around the corner—which means it's time to start thinking about your chorus's end-of-year fundraising campaign. But where do you begin? Here is a collection of articles from around the web to help you get started, as well as some Chorus America resources to inform your fundraising all year long.
Links from Around the Web
- September is Boom Time for Donors, Google Says A study released last year shows that donors may start researching year-end giving earlier than expected.
- Five Things to Do Now for Year-End Fundraising Success Check these items off your list in September to set your organization up for a good December.
- Year-End Fundraising Campaigns as an Experience of Your Brand Nonprofit communications firm Big Duck says that year-end fundraising should be guided by your brand strategy and appeal to your core donors.
- Summer's Philanthropy Quandary: To Do #GivingTuesday Or Not? What to consider before dedicating staff and volunteer time to your #GivingTuesday efforts. And if you do decide to participate, here's some expert advice on how to make the most of it.
- Stand Apart from the Crowd with Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign Simple steps your chorus can take to revive your annual appeal and better engage donors.
- Making the Most of Year-End Fundraising Appeals Strategies for maximizing your year-end fundraising revenue, from basic to more advanced.
- 8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign Use this checklist to make giving as easy as possible for your donors.
- 3 Ways to Wake Up Your Donors Consider "warming up" your donors for your December appeals by reaching out with some special messaging a few months earlier.
- 200 More Email Subject Lines from End-of-Year Fundraising A good starting point for brainstorming–this will give you ideas of what to avoid if you want to stand out from the pack.
- 10 Online Fundraising Best Practices for Nonprofits Year-end gifts are often online gifts. These best practices can help you upgrade your web presence.
Chorus America Development Resources
- Fundraising Plan Outline An annual planning template that you can also use to lay out your end-of-year campaign.
- Never Ask for Money! Four Steps To Greater Fundraising Success A values-based strategy that aims to match donors with ways that they can give back to their communities—and removes the ego factor that can make fundraising scary.
- Acknowledging Donors: Saying Thank You Is Just the Beginning Accepting donations is just the first step in a longer- term effort to engage donors more deeply in your chorus.