DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Event management: Collaborates with the Artistic Director on all operational details related to concerts, rehearsals, and other events. Tracks costs for each event against budget and works with the Treasurer and the Artistic Director to set future budgets. The Director:
- Is the primary liaison between CBS and each event venue. They locate venues, negotiate the venue contract, and work with the venue staff on logistics and other details
- Recruits the front of house including the box office manager, ushers and any other volunteer staff for the event.
- Initiates and maintains all contracts with soloists, instrumentalists and other performers for each concert or event
- Hires and supervises videographer and/or sound recordist for concerts
- Ensures programs are printed and delivered to venue
- Procures and distributes all musical scores (choral and instrumental)
- Ensures the dress rehearsal and concert space is opened and set up appropriately for each dress rehearsal and concert
- Handles concert and dress rehearsal logistics
- Maintains a Google calendar for membership with rehearsal and performance dates
- Reviews marketing and development on-line and printed materials working with volunteer marketing lead(s)
- Answers or refers general queries from the public by mail or email
Administrative tasks: The Director
- Handles HR function for employees (verifying employment eligibility etc.)
- Manages/Oversees payables
- Creates rehearsal and concert schedules and distributes to singers
- Tracks payments of singer dues
- Tracks proof of vaccinations for singers/ instrumentalists and staff, and proof in advance for patrons, if still necessary in the future.
- Prints and mails donor thank you letters (monthly - files currently generated by Kindful/QB admins)
Technology and database management:
- Maintains CBS web site (SquareSpace) and updates as needed in coordination with SquareSpace admins
- Maintains Social Media accounts and posts on regular basis in coordination with the Marketing committee
- Maintains patron and prospect database (Kindful) in coordination with Kindful admins
Requirements: We are looking for a capable, organized manager of information and of people, who will be proactive in ensuring the smooth operation of CBS.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- High degree of computer literacy is required; experience with Square Space, Constant Contact, Kindful, and/or other CRM is a plus
- Knowledge of classical music, especially choral music, is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with Volunteers
- A college degree is preferred, but not required. This position offers an excellent opportunity for those with training or experience in arts administration, nonprofit management, or marketing/communications.
HOURS: approximately 10 hours a week, more during a performance week. Required: occasional rehearsals, Board of Directors meetings, dress rehearsals, and concert dates; other hours flexible. Work from home.
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate, payable semi-monthly.
COMPENSATION: $15,000 PER YEAR
Please submit your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.