Concert Tour Project Manager
Classical Movements is the premier concert tour company for the world’s great orchestras and choirs, creating meaningful cultural experiences through concert tours in 147 countries. An industry leader since 1992, we understand both the travel and the performance needs of professional symphony orchestras and choruses, as well as conservatory, university and youth ensembles. Our Prague Summer Nights: Young Artists Music Festival offers aspiring operatic and orchestral professionals the opportunity to perform in some of Europe’s most historic venues, including fully-staged opera productions, symphonic performances, chamber music concerts, an opera scenes program and even a cabaret concert. In addition, we have commissioned over 100 works from Grammy, Oscar, Pulitzer and MacArthur-winning composers.
- End-to-end accountability to plan and execute domestic and international group concert tours and festivals on all aspects including the planning, implementation and management of itineraries, budgets, air arrangements, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, sightseeing, instruments, cargo, entry and exit requirements, travel insurance, tour directors and guides, concerts and promotion, workshops and masterclasses, outreach and other services.
- Provide strong project management with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively both internally and externally.
- Ability to work across time zones (some early starts/late evenings or weekends may be required).
- Identify creative solutions to find cost saving opportunities while adapting to ever-changing business needs, policies and laws.
- Effectively manage external vendors while establishing collaborative relationships.
- Experience arranging group concert tours.
- Demonstrated financial/budget proficiency.
- Proven ability to act independently and be resourceful in approach to problem solving.
- Strong communications, negotiation and influencing skills; ability to lead to desired outcomes.
- Must be well organized and experienced in use of all office systems and software, with a preference for skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and Apollo preferred.
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car, on concert tour when required.
- Passion and knowledge of classical music and travel.
- Qualified candidates should reside in the Alexandria, VA area and have the proper work authorization to work in the United States.
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
- We are a global organization that values diversity; preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated skills in additional languages besides English.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in project management, travel industry, and/or music industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: Travel may require proof of vaccination and booster(s).
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Alexandria, VA 22314
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Bonus pay
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.